The past two days I’ve been off work sick with a fever (SAD FACE), so there was no exploring this weekend for me. Instead, I remained in my pyjamas flaked out on the couch watching re runs and the current season of The Great British Bake Off. God, I love that show!! Thankfully now I’m on the mend and feeling a little better. Fever is gone, WUHOO!! Watching all of that baking inspired me to get my apron on. I’d forgotten how therapeutic baking can be. There was a time where I was continuously baking but since moving to Singapore, that kind of went on the back burner. All this working and exploring has left little time for my baking.
I love bananas and chocolate and wanted something sweet but hearty so I decided to bake my trusty and reliable Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf. If you’re looking to bake something easy and delicious, why not give it a go!
- 3 ripened bananas well mashed
- 1 cup of sugar or sweetener
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup baking chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli – My favourite!)
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F)
- Peel and mash the 3 bananas into a mixing bowl
- Beat eggs
- Add vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Mix well and add bananas
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt)
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix well
- Add chocolate chips into mixture
- Pour mixture into baking tin
- Bake for approximately 35 – 40 minutes
- Leave to cool before slicing
For me, it’s the perfect feel good food when you’re not feeling too well. Great with a cup of tea! I hope you enjoyed this Baking Edit. Let me know your favourite things to bake.