It’s the time of the new year when a lot of people fall off their “New Year, New Healthy Me” resolution. If you have a sweet tooth like me but you’re trying to make healthier choices, why not give my Coconut Cherry Oat Bars a go. They’re sugar free and they take less than no time to make. And they make great snacks for work or when you’re just on the go.
225g of Oats
25g of Dried Coconut
Handful of Almonds (I chose sliced)
Handful of Cherries (Cut into halves)
160mls of Honey
140mls of Coconut Oil
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
Mix all of the dry ingredients together (Oats, Dried Coconut and Cherries)
All in the wet ingredients (Honey and Coconut Oil)
Mix well together
Pour mixture into tin and bake for 25 minutes
Leave to cool before cutting into bars
I hope that you enjoyed this recipe!
If you’re anything like me, you enjoy a good cookie and I just LOVE homemade Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies! I put my apron back on this week and got to work! If you’re looking for an easy peasy, no fuss melt in your mouth cookie recipe, why not give the one below a try! The recipe makes roughly 30 cookies.
2 & ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 cup of butter
1 tsp of salt
¾ cup of granulated sugar
¾ cup of light brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
- Pre heat your oven to 190° C or 375°F
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a separate bowl
- Add eggs and beat well
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ones
- Add in chocolate chips and mix well
- Spoon small heaps onto an ungreased cookie sheath
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned
- Place cookies onto wire rack and leave to cool completely
Enjoy with a giant glass of cold milk or cup of tea!
I hope you enjoyed this Baking Edit!
Follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or on Instagram.